CPA firms by necessity have learned much during the pandemic, from offering remote customer services to deploying cloud and other technology solutions, all with the goal of continuously providing their clients with superior service. But there was one lesson from the pandemic greater than all the rest.Continue Reading
Why become a CPA?
CPAs are an attractive hiring choice among top employers. 的 CPA license opens doors to a range of careers. Set yourself up for a bright future — become a CPA!
How to become a CPA in Oregon
的 Oregon 董事会 of Accountancy handles licensing. Here's what you'll need to do:
- Meet the education requirements described in OAR , which includes 150 semester hours or 225 quarter hours and a bachelor's degree from an accredited college
- Complete one year of experience in accounting
- Pass the Uniform CPA Examination
- Pass the Ethics Examination
How to pay for college
- College is getting more expensive. 的 十博中文 Educational Foundation is here to help, awarding annual scholarships to full-time college accounting students who plan to pursue a career as a CPA in Oregon. 了解更多
- 的 2021-22 scholarships have been awarded. 的 2022-23 application period opens November 1, 2021.
Can 十博中文 membership help students? 是的!
(Already graduated? Visit the Young Professionals page!)
- 十博中文 Student Membership on your resume shows employers you are serious about your career.
- Networking and learning opportunities build the skills you need to thrive in the workplace.
- 十博中文 职业中心 lets you post your resume and browse jobs.
- 一年一度的 Circle of Excellence Awards Night honorees include Oregon's top accounting students, Foundation scholarship recipients, and top exam scorers — will it be you?
- 一年一度的 Career Showcase connects students with representatives from public accounting, 政府, and business for potential internships or employment. Student members enjoy early-bird entrance!
十博中文 Chair Charles Mello of Deloitte virtually greets Career Showcase participants.
Chair Charles congratulates honorees at the 2021 Virtual Circle of Excellence.